022. Chatting Security with Alex (Interview)022. Chatting Security with Alex (Interview) https://www.create8.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/IMG_5585-1024x682.jpeg 1024 682 Create 8 Create 8 https://www.create8.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/IMG_5585-1024x682.jpeg
We asked Alex about four quick questions to give you some security tips!
Internet Security Tips 2019
How can you make sure your website is secure?
- Choose a secure server, don’t just opt for the cheapest version
- Make sure to keep your website updated if it uses a CMS (Content Management System)
- Update any plugins / software versions to the latest available
What advice would you give to people when setting usernames and passwords?
Choose a random username and a password that contains uncommon characters, such as: ‘$’ or ‘%’, if possible.
What’s the difference between having your website secure and not?
If there’s no line of defence on your website, you will be vulnerable to any attacks off the internet. If your website is on Google, you will always be at risk if you don’t have any security on your website.
Give me one top website security tip?
ALWAYS make sure your login details don’t contain the word ‘Admin’ or ‘Administrator’ as this will be the first username hackers/bots look out for.
If you’re looking for a Web Designer in Manchester then feel free to contact Alex at Create 8.
You might also like
050. Remember, Fish Can’t Give You the Middle Finger… Except Fish Fingers (Opinion)050. Remember, Fish Can’t Give You the Middle Finger… Except Fish Fingers (Opinion) https://www.create8.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/eco-friendly-packaging.jpg 780 552 Create 8 Create 8 https://www.create8.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/eco-friendly-packaging.jpg
048. Designing Products for the Global Market (Tips)048. Designing Products for the Global Market (Tips) https://www.create8.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Designing-product-for-the-global-market.jpg 780 552 Create 8 Create 8 https://www.create8.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Designing-product-for-the-global-market.jpg