Level up your user experience
Question: Which of these improvements are you most interested in for your eCommerce store?
- Improve customer experience
- Boost engagement
- Collect customer insights and data
- Increase conversion rates
Answer: If you answered a,b,c, or d, you could benefit from integrating a Shopify quiz app with your online store!
That’s right! You can level up your Shopify store’s user experience and boost sales by integrating a Shopify quiz app!
Shopify quiz apps are versatile tools that provide customers with personalised product recommendations and add interactivity to your store. And best of all? They offer numerous benefits for your business too!
Shopify quiz apps are quick and straightforward to integrate with your online store. With various options available, each offering unique features and catering to different budgets, there’s a Shopify quiz app to suit every type of business.
Are you ready to transform your customers’ shopping experience and set your brand apart from its competitors? Find out more about Shopify quiz apps and read our Shopify app comparison to discover the best quiz apps available in 2023.
What are Shopify quiz apps?
Shopify quiz apps are third-party applications that integrate seamlessly with your Shopify store and enable you to create interactive quizzes.
Business owners can use quizzes for a variety of purposes: to provide personalised product recommendations, engage website visitors, capture data about their target audience, and even generate leads.
A great example of effective quiz implementation in eCommerce is in the health and beauty industry. In an industry where the level of choice is often overwhelming, many cosmetics websites use quizzes to help customers identify the right product for their skin or hair type. This approach is especially valuable in online shopping, where physical testers are unavailable. By answering 5 or 6 questions about their complexion or hair type, customers can receive product recommendations tailored to them.
Other industries that use online quizzes to improve customer engagement and provide customers with personalised product recommendations include fashion, home and interior, technology and electronics, and health and fitness.
There are several different types of Shopify quiz app, each with distinct advantages and disadvantages. Some apps offer free plans, whilst others require a monthly subscription fee. The right one for your business depends on the features and level of customisation you need. We’ll weigh in on our top 5 Shopify quiz apps later in this article.
Why install a Shopify quiz app?
Shopify quiz apps are simple to integrate with your eCommerce store and require little management once they are up and running, and often they produce valuable results!
Using interactive quizzes on your eCommerce store can offer many benefits for both your business and its customers.
The key benefits of using a Shopify quiz app in your online store include:
- Generate leads – Most online quizzes require customers to provide some personal details, including their email addresses, to access their quiz results. The business can then use this information in future marketing campaigns.
- Increase conversion rates – Providing customers with personalised product recommendations helps them to feel confident and make informed purchasing decisions, which results in higher conversion rates.
- Create a more engaging shopping experience – Quizzes can enhance the customer experience and keep website visitors engaged, which increases the time customers spend on your website and their likelihood of purchasing.
- Customer insights – The data that you can collect from quizzes can help you to better understand your target audience so that you can tailor your products and marketing strategies accordingly.
- Potential for social sharing – Customers may share engaging quizzes and quiz results on social media. This can help to increase brand awareness and drive more traffic to your website.
Which are the top 5 Shopify quiz apps?
We’ve compiled essential information about the best quiz apps, according to our experience and quiz app reviews, to help you decide which app can best meet your business needs.
“Boost store revenue and email/SMSlist with Quiz Kit. Drive conversions with a personalised touch!”
Top features of Presidio: Quiz Kit
- 20 professionally designed and customisable quiz templates.
- Integrates with various popular marketing platforms and tools.
- Provides advanced and granular product recommendations.
- Offers A/B testing.
- Personalised quiz results can be displayed on-site or sent via email.
- 7-day free trial
- Starter ($19/month, 100 quiz engagements, $0.15 per additional engagement.)
- Basic ($59/month, 500 quiz engagements, $0.08 per additional engagement.)
- Middle ($129/month, 1000 quiz engagements, $0.06 per additional engagement.)
- Advanced ($249/month, 5000 quiz engagements, $0.04 per additional engagement.)
“Product recommendation quiz app. Collect zero-party data to segment leads and grow your audience.”
Top features of Shop Quiz: Product Recommender
- Collects actionable data, allowing you to tag and segment customers based on their responses.
- Sends captured leads to your CRM or mailing list.
- Integrates with various marketing platforms, including Google Analytics and Hubspot.
- Fits seamlessly with Shopify Flow to automate workflows based on quiz responses and actions.
- Free and affordable plans are available.
- 14-day free trial
- Free (Up to 100 quiz responses/month)
- Basic ($39/month, up to 500 quiz responses/month)
- Pro ($99/month, up to 1,000 quiz responses/month)
“Unlock the power of personalised product recommendations. Use quiz AI to build quizzes in minutes.”
Top features of Octane.ai Quiz & Surveys
- Professional quiz templates available for every industry.
- Customise how your products are matched with customer answers. Choose from AI, tags, collections, or conditional logic.
- Highly customisable.
- Quiz data can be synced with popular marketing platforms and tools.
- Excellent customer support.
- 14-day free trial
- Octane (Starts at $50/month based on your annual store revenue.)
- Octane Plus (Starts at $200/month based on your annual store revenue.)
“Create product recommendation quiz. Collect leads and increase revenue through personalised results.”
Top features of Quizify
- Intuitive and user-friendly.
- Customise how products are matched with customer answers. Choose from direct mapping, tags, scores, or types.
- Use conditional logic to skip or hide questions based on customer answers.
- Provides powerful analytics and actionable insights.
- Email notifications and integrations.
- 14-day free trial
- Free to install (Includes 25 quiz engagements/month.)
- Basic ($4.99/month, includes 500 quiz engagements/month, $0.03 per additional engagement.)
- Growth ($19.99/month, includes 2000 quiz engagements/month, $0.02 per additional engagement.)
- Pro ($39.99/month, includes 4000 quiz engagements/month, $0.01 per additional engagement.)
“Engage customers, improve their shopping experience and boost sales with product discovery quizzes.”
Top features of PERFECT: Product Quiz Builder
- Create AI-generated quizzes in seconds.
- Use pixel tracking to track the performance of your quizzes.
- Highly customisable.
- Translate your quiz into different languages.
- Use jump logic to create dynamic quizzes that change based on customer responses.
- 14-day free trial
- Basic (free)
- Growth ($19.99/month, includes 100 quiz completions/month, $29.99 for 500 completions, $39.99 for 1000 completions, $49.99 for unlimited.)
What should I consider when choosing a quiz app for my Shopify store?
With so many Shopify quiz apps available, you may be wondering how to work out which option is right for your business.
Before you install an app, you should first do your research and shop around. There are several important factors to consider to ensure that the app you choose meets your business needs; these include:
- Your goals – Before looking for an app, you need to figure out what you want to achieve with your quiz. Once you know what type and style of quiz you want to create, you can research which apps have the required features and integrations.
- Your level of technical skill – You may wish to partner with a web design agency for help integrating the Shopify quiz app and creating your quizzes. However, if you plan to edit and manage the quizzes in-house, make sure you choose an app with an intuitive and user-friendly design. Many apps offer demos or free trials, so it’s worth signing up for a few to get a feel for how they work before you commit.
- Level of customisation required – Different apps offer different levels of customisation. Aspects of the quiz that you may wish to customise include the design, question types, and how the results are displayed. Ensure that the app you choose allows for the level of customisation you require.
- Your budget – There are both free and paid Shopify quiz apps available. Take the time to compare the pricing plans and features of several different apps to find one that fits your budget and needs.
- Integration compatibility – Consider whether it would be beneficial for your quiz app to integrate with any other tools or platforms you use, like your CRM, analytics services, or email marketing services.
Speak to Create8 about integrating a Shopify quiz app