Inspired by the iconic style of mid-century fashion, Splendette is an eCommerce business whose website offers a wide range of carefully selected vintage jewellery products.
Reinvigorating Splendette’s eCommerce website design, bringing new life to their exciting product range and developing an improved user experience for their loyal customer base.
It was important to Splendette that the new website design mirrored the scene and style of the brand and core values. The website UX, design and functionality required a complete overhaul
Understanding the challenges to strategically plan ahead
Understanding the current site issues and creating a plan for the project approach is vital. As with all our projects we took a deep dive into Sprlendette’s collections, product range and other offerings, allowing us to strategically roadmap the project ahead. Here are the key focus points for the Splendette project:
- Identify key blockers within the website, improve the purchasing experience and simplify how customers navigate.
- Showcase the brand identity through a more creative design and incorporate consistency of the brand throughout all website pages.
- Integrate a more efficient search and filtering system that allows customers to browse collections & products.
Functionality & UX
With our key objectives and strategy in mind, we initially focused on how the addition of new functionality would fix the current issues.
- Selecting the right navigation formed the foundation of the customer’s shopping experience, for Splendette we introduced a Mega Menu which housed their entire collection structure in one place. Reducing clicks.
- We incorporated more interactive browsing to the homepage in the form of sliders, which made the wide product range that Splendette offers more accessible. This improves engagement and usability on mobile devices.
- We created a filter structure, to simplify the searching process which allows customers to refine collections and find products easily to improve conversion. We also migrated the current Shopify filters to the new ‘Metafield’ system in Shopify for the client.
Transferring concept to design, built into a high performance Shopify 2.0 website
Taking our wireframe, UX & functionality strategy into the next phase of the project, we constructed the complete visual design of the Splendette website. Implementing the brand elements, colour palettes and fonts throughout to create what would be the final design of the website. However, the performance of a website is just as important as the design itself.
That’s why all of our Shopify developments align with 2.0 standards. Resulting in improved performance, management, optimisation and integration capabilities. This was an important part of Splendette’s requirements, having the ability to easily manage and grow the website whilst maintaining a high performance that is crucial for SEO and user experience.
Klaviyo – Utilising real customer data and automating the newsletter flow to retain, upsell and engage with customers.
Yotpo Review & Loyalty – Building brand trust through real customer reviews and incentivizing repeat custom through loyalty programs.
Wishlist Plus – Encouraging customer interaction and providing useful business insight into popular products.
Klarna – Providing flexible payment options for customers to encourage conversion.